Sunday 11 October 2015

Walk from Loughborough to Beaumanor

I may have already told you that I have recently taken to seeking out walks in and around Loughborough. Up until now, my focus has been on urban walks, mostly because I am prone to being affected by tree pollen, which makes walking in the countryside in Spring most unpleasant, However, late Summer - early Autumn seems to be quite safe!!!

At the end of September I decided to pop along to the Art Deco fair that was taking place in Beaumanor Hall, and as it was such a lovely day, I decided to walk. Now, I've not done this walk before and I was using a rather old map, so it took me a while to find my way through the housing estate that has sprung up around Shelthorpe! My map reading skills leave a lot to be desired too, so I almost gave up when I couldn't quite work out where I was, but I was encouraged by the sight of families walking through the fields, and decided to follow their lead, and hope I ended up where I wanted to be!!!

I've blogged about a visit to Beaumanor Hall before, but I perhaps didn't tell you that it was designed and built by William Railton, the architect who also designed the Bavarian Gates of Garendon Hall, and Nelson's column.

Anyway, here's a photographic account of my most recent visit to Beaumanor - the way there, my stay there, and the way back. Enjoy!




























   

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.