Sunday 10 December 2017

Snowy Loughborough

This morning I was due to go out on a walk around the town centre with a group of folk to look at our Art Deco heritage. However, it was too snowy for standing around observing and recording buildings so I went out for a bit of a walk around town on my own - well, not on my own, I had my camera with me! Here's some of what I saw:

I started my journey in Queen's Park, always a beautiful place, but even more atmospheric in the snow









Then I walked through the Market Place. The sockman was obviously enjoying the festive season, but shouldn't that be yellow cross-gaiters??


And I've seen some sights in my time, but never reindeer here before!

From here I walked over to the older part of town, where the Christmas trees looked very, ummm, Christmassy


And the real trees looked stunning!



The Swithland slate gravestones in the churchyard were either buried, or peeking out above the snow


Making my way back along Baxter Gate, the snow added a certain romance to the area, and the snowman was clearly enjoying his tea break!



Back through the Market Place again, where folk were singing and dancing in the, ummm, snow!

And the Christmas tree was listing towards Angel Yard!


Zhengs looked particularly bright and cheerful.


But by this time the pavements were beginning to get rather slushy


At the top of New Street, the trees were making their mark on the snow

And around the corner from the Blacksmith's Arms, the area around Brown's (did this used to be a dairy??) looked almost unrecognisable!


And nearby roads looked quite pretty.


And the only Art Deco building I photographed was along Baxter Gate



That's it for now folks!

You are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follow:

Dyer, Lynne (2017). Snowy Loughborough. Available fromhttps://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2017/12/snowy-loughborough.html  [Accessed 10 December 2017]

Take down policy:
I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.
Thank you for reading this blog. 

Lynne  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.