Sunday 21 June 2020

We could even see the Brush

Many thanks to last week's guest blogger! I do hope you enjoyed reading Ursula's post last week! I know I certainly appreciated being reminded of places I've been to often, but not been to recently because of staying at home. And it was perhaps these memories that prompted me to do something I've never done before ...

I was pretty sure I'd blogged here about visits to Beacon Hill, but last week, when I looked back, I couldn't find any mentions! So, I thought I'd put this right today, and share some photos I took from the top of Beacon Hill last night, 20th June, the Summer Solstice. We arrived just after 9pm and walked up to the top of the Beacon from Woodhouse Eaves. The ferns had grown enormously, and alpacas were hiding, but the sheep were out in force. On the horizon, as we walked up the path to the top, there was a lone, long-horned cow.  

Lush ferns

Sheep

Lone long-horned cow


I wasn't surprised to see quite a few people already up there, some making a shelter, others enjoying a picnic, and others clambering on the rocks, taking photos against the backdrop of the darkening sky. 




How lovely it was that last week's guest blogger was able to join us for this exciting event. Despite the breeze and the social distancing, we were still able to have a lovely chat!




Looking out over Loughborough and the surrounding area, there were a few landmarks that were easily spottable - like the M1, busy with cars, Towers, but more surprisingly we could see the lovely neon sign all the way down at the Brush!!! I am most definitely not the best photographer, so hopefully you can spot the Brush's pinkish sign!

The string of car lights on the M1

The Brush neon sign clearly visible

The Brush at night, taken from the railway station


Gradually, the sky began to redden, and the clouds began to make beautiful shapes in the sky.














Finally, the sun had set and it was time to go home. Other people clearly had the same idea.




Making our way back down the path, we passed some beautifully coloured sky sandwiched between the silhouetted trees. 




I've never been to Beacon Hill in the dark before, but it was definitely an experience that I'd repeat.

You are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follow:

Dyer, Lynne (2020). We could even see the Brush! Available fromhttps://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2020/06/we-could-even-see-brush.html  [Accessed: 21 June 2020]

Take down policy:
I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.

If you wish to leave a comment, please do so in the comments box that appears below this blogpost. Alternatively, you can contact me via lynneaboutloughborough[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thank you for reading this blog. 

Lynne     


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.