Sunday 1 August 2021

Toothill Road

Part of Beating the Bounds

Last weekend I was lucky enough to go on a guided walk around the area, which was once part of the grounds of the Old Rectory, which is at the junction of Steeple Row and Rectory Place. It was really quite surprising that the small building in its compact, grassy surroundings actually used to be situated in extensive grounds, and that the building itself, by the Georgian times, was rather large!

As I was being walked around the area surrounding the oldest part of the town, I remembered that a while ago I had wandered around there myself and taken quite a few photos. But, as usual, when I come to find them I can only find a few of them!! So, here's the few photos of Toothill Road that I could find, Toothill Road once being land belonging to the Old Rectory, and its name meaning something like, a lookout on a little hill. There's also a few photos of the other streets from the walk.

Toothill Road







Other areas of the walk

Fearon Hall

Looking down Meadow Lane

The Rectory Garden

The Old Rectory

The gates to the Old Rectory - for more gates, see this blogpost

Looking up Meadow Lane

A familiar name!!
Posted by lynneaboutloughborough 1 August 2021

You are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follow:

Dyer, Lynne (2021). Toothill Road. Available fromhttps://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2021/07/toothill-road.html  [Accessed 1 August 2021]

Take down policy:
I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.

You can leave comments below, but do check back as my reply will appear here, below your comment.

Thank you for reading this blog. 

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.