Friday 26 April 2024

W is for Walking

Back in 2015 I was on a mission to walk more, and I certainly managed to achieve that!! In the process, I discovered just how beautiful our area was and still is, and how lucky we are to have such a variety of countryside surrounding us. Also, of course, as an accredited Leicestershire Tour Guide, I lead groups on guided walks, so walking is fairly central to my life!



Wherever I walk to I usually have my trusty camera to hand, and often stop briefly to take a photo of something interesting – and often the same thing on more than one occasion as the seasons can have a dramatic effect on nature, and on the view! I now find that my pc file directory is full of folders called things like ‘Walk to Beaumanor and back’, or ‘Walk via Woodthorpe to GCR Quorn and back’. Of course, that doesn’t mean I can find the photo I want at the time I want it though!!



While I love walking in the countryside – to the Outwoods, or Beacon Hill – I also love walking along the canal – to Barrow, or to Hathern – and I also love walking the streets of Loughborough, seeing the changes to buildings happening, seeing interesting things I might not have noticed before. Oh, and I love bumping into friends and people when I’m out on a walk.

As for my guided walks, I have put a few of these on this blog – the Luddites and Lace Trail, the Zeppelin Trail, the Three Towers Trail, the Sculpture, Art, and Architecture Trail, and the Walking the Plaques Trail, although I admit at least one of these does need to be updated.

Some of my real life walks include a general walk around Loughborough town centre, an Art Deco walk, and a pubs walk, as well as bespoke walks covering something specific. In September for the Heritage Open Days I shall be leading an Art Deco walk, and a general walk for the Loughborough Library local Studies Volunteers, and two others from the group will be leading a Suffragette walk and a Zeppelin walk. Keep an eye on the HODs website for more details of these walks!

 ____________________________________

This post is one in a series of posts for the 'April A-Z Blogging Challenge'


____________________________________

Posted by lynneaboutloughborough

With apologies for typos which are all mine!

_______________________________________________

Thank you for reading this blog.

Copyright:

The copyright © of all content on this blog rests with me, however, you are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follows:

Dyer, Lynne (2024). W is for Walking. Available from: https://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2024/04/back-in-2015-i-was-on-mission-to-walk.html [Accessed 26 April 2024]

Take down policy:

I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.

External Links:

By including links to external sources I am not endorsing the websites, the authors, nor the information contained therein, and will not check back to update out-of-date links. Using these links to access external information is entirely the responsibility of the reader of the blog.

Blog archive and tags:

If you are viewing this blog in mobile format, you will not be able to easily access the blog archive, or the clickable links to various topics. These can be accessed if you scroll to the bottom of the page, and click 'View Web Version'. Alternatively, there is also a complete list of posts, which when clicked will take you to the page you are interested in.

Searching the blog:

You can search the blog using the dedicated search box that appears near the top of the blog when viewed in the web version. Alternatively, you can search using your usual search engine (e.g. Bing, Google, DuckDuckGo etc.) by following this example:

site: https://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/ “Radmoor House”

NOTE – the words you’re actually looking for must be in “” and the first of these must be preceded by a space

Thank you for reading this blog.

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.