Sunday 9 April 2017

From the rooftops of Loughborough Part 2

A couple of weeks ago I showed you some views from the top of Packe Street and Carillon Court car parks. Here's another selection, this time from the top of Beehive Lane car park on Southfield Road:

Atop the old magistrate's court

Atop the old magistrate's court

The Carillon peeping through

Looking onto Southfields Road and the building works on the site of the former Regent Theatre/Philharmonic Hall

The White House in the distance

A close-up of the building works

Garton the Mart, former Temperance Hall on Cattle Market in the distance

Think this is part of the Odeon cinema on Cattle Market

The new magistrate's court in the background

The new Cineworld cinema on Baxter Gate

Garton the Mart on Cattle Market

The Generator building in the background, and a peek of the Devonshire Square mural by Silent Hobo

The Generator building in the background

Moore and York estate agents, Devonshire Square, centre, and Carillon to the left

And finally
Southfield House, the former home of William Byerley Paget and now Loughborough Register Office
Which leads nicely on to the Pagets of Nanpantan Hall, but knowing me I'll have forgotten by next week!

Take down policy:
I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.
Thank you for reading this blog. 

Lynne 

You are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follow:

Dyer, Lynne (2017). From the rooftops of Loughborough: Part 2. Available from: http://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2017/03/from-rooftops-of-loughborough-part-2.html [Accessed 26 March 2017]




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.