Sunday 30 July 2017

Nanpantan Reservoir

If you have read any of my previous posts, you'll know I am rather partial to water - Pillings Lock, Charnwood Water, Nanpantan Reservoir - so you'll understand how disappointed I am to have read about the closure (albeit temporary) of the latter. Such a beautiful, calm, relaxing and historic place, being peaceful, full of wildlife and plants, and the source of the first piped water supply to the town in 1870, campaigned for by the Rev'd Henry Fearon.

Apparently, there are some repairs taking place, and it's been deemed too dangerous to let the public wander around, although anglers are still able to use it to fish. It is expected to re-open at the end of 2017.

Pop over to my post on Nanpantan Reservoir to get an idea of what's there from my photos. 

Sorry, I've hijacked this post which should have been about holiday connections!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.