Saturday 22 February 2020

Out and about in Loughborough

So, I do hope you enjoyed last week's article on what eventually happened to Zeppelin L 20 after its part in the raid on Loughborough on the night of January 31st 1916. Again, HUGE thanks to Ian Castle for such an interesting article, and good luck to him with his latest book and with the next volume of Zeppelin Onslaught, which will include Loughborough.

So, it's back to lynneaboutloughborough for a commentary on this past couple of weeks which, as ever, have been busy and interesting! I suppose the first thing to mention, in the true tradition, is the weather!! We've experienced some very high winds, had lots of rain, and seen much flooding. There's some excellent aerial footage of our area under water, and lots of photographs. Here's my recent (16 Feb 2020) video of the Wood Brook in full flow: 




and some photos I took of various areas, including Forest Road, Derby Road, Cotes, and Meadow Lane.
Forest Road






Derby Road




Cotes






Meadow Lane






Other things happening around Loughborough recently have been singing practice in the parish church for International Women's Day: no matter what the occasion, nor where, you can't beat a good sing!!

I've also had a couple of late-night walks, which show Loughborough in a different light!!







Down at the Old Rectory, we've been meeting to plan the season of events for this year. Lots to look forward to, including an exhibition to commemorate the work of Reverend Fearon in respect of getting a fresh water supply to the town, art displays and more!

2020 is looking good so far!!


You are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follow:

Castle, Ian (2020). Out and about in Loughborough. Available fromhttps://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2020/02/out-and-about-in-loughborough.html  [Accessed 23 February 2020]

Take down policy:
I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.
Thank you for reading this blog. 

Lynne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.