Sunday 21 November 2021

Before there was [Christmas] light

While I was not able to go to the Christmas lights switch-on in the Market Place today (but I did in 2019), I did at least manage to get down into town during the daytime, for one of the most exciting events in this, the last 5 weeks of the market and fair taking place in 2021, 800 years after the granting of the charters.

I had a quick look at the market stalls, watched the fairground rides thrilling the customers, and listened to some brilliant acts on the stage, projected onto the big screen. I didn't quite make it into the Town Hall to the craft fair, but have done this in previous years.

Here are some snaps of that daytime visit: 





Anyone for sprouts - or scarves?!

One of these is bound to win you the best Christmas jumper competition!




Loughborough-themed table coverings! The Sockman sitteth!

A view of the Town Hall on a table!









Who wouldn't want this shiny green bauble under their Christmas tree?!









Posted by lynneaboutloughborough 21 November 2021

You are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follow:

Dyer, Lynne (2021). Before there was [Christmas light. Available fromhttps://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2021/11/before-there-was-christmas-light.html       [Accessed 21 November 2021]

Take down policy:
I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.

You can leave comments below, but do check back as my reply will appear here, below your comment.

Thank you for reading this blog. 

Lynne     

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.